Again, I'll italic those who actually get into the final.
- Serbia - Sounds good, this. A love song, ok, but with folk-like influences, which I always like. In fact, that song could have been longer, I missed an instrumental bit.
- Macedonia - First song I'm actually going "wow" at. She can definitely sing, and I like the arrangement. This would have my vote, if I had a vote to give.
- The Netherlands - A young Cher in a huge Native American headdress and more than a little sharp, painfully so, with a slightly Country & Western thing. Early 1980s, they would have had a chance, but today?
- Malta - Solid performance, happy pop, can't find fault with it for what it is.
- Belarus - The song doesn't keep the promise the outfits and mike stands make. Run-of-the-mill pop which could come from any country at all.
- Portugal - A "classic" kind of Eurovision song. I'd be surprised if it made it into the finals.
- Ukraine - What I like most about this are the peonies in the singer's hair. Very dancefloor-poppy.
- Bulgaria - A spiced-up Space:1999 uniform costume, a good voice, and this actually sounds, how shall I put it, regional? And at least they don't pretend to have a band on stage.
- Slovenia - I see they raided a bridalwear shop for the costumes. The song's corny, but for some reason, I find I quite like it. 's good.
- Kroatia - Again, not bad, but as well as she sings and as cool men in black skirts are, I don't think I'd be able to recognise it if I were to hear it again.
- Sweden - She does remind me of a young Kate Bush, if a young Kate Bush were to sing early 2000 technopop. On the other hand, I can imagine her winning. She's good.
- Georgia - Alright! Not only can that guy sing, but this is the first song that's actually made me smile. I want to see this again!
- Turkey - I usually like what Turkey sends to Eurovision, and with the exception of the singer, this holds true this time as well. Music's good, dancers are good (oh yes), but the singer's just too, well, young - this needs a stronger voice.
- Estonia - Quite beautiful, actually...
- Slovakia - They have zero chance of winning, but for me right now, it's a breath of fresh air. Rock on! (For some reason I want to hear some Faith No More right now...)
- Norway - Kind of cool. Could see this playing in a disco somewhere, wants me have a nice cold drink. Sounds very Eastern for some reason. This is Norway?
- Bosnia & Herzegowina - Good voice, pleasant song. Make this the soundtrack of a romantic movie, and it's a hit.
- Lithuania - Lithuanian Michael Jackson? But he is good - he can sing, he can dance, he's got cheekbones. I'd like to hear him with a different song.
Right, so much for the semis. Tonight, the final!